- You should have a smartphone.
- Your mobile number should be registered with your bank.
Steps to activate m-banking service –
- Send an SMS to obtain USER ID and MPIN
- Install SBI Bank Freedom app onto your smartphone
- Activate SBI mobile banking service by visiting nearest ATM, logging to online banking, or visiting your home bank branch.
- Open Google Playstore and type SBI in search box and then tap on SBI Bank Freedom app.
- In the next step, tap on install. Subsequently, hit open button to open the app.
- From the app homepage, tap on register.
- Tap on ‘already have User ID and Default MPIN’.
- In the next step, you’ll be asked to enter User ID. Just enter the user id that we’ve received earlier via text message.
- After entering the asked details, tap on accept.
- In the next page, you will be forced to change old MPIN with new one. Just enter old MPIN (See screenshot 2) that we have received along with user id through SMS and then under new PIN enter a new PIN (That should be a combination of special characters, numbers, and alphabets ex. 12@abc). Reconfirm your PIN and then tap on change.
- You’ll read a successful MPIN changed message. Tap on ‘OK’ to close the dialog box.
- Tap on activate.
- In the next step, you will receive an SMS containing keywords to enable GPRS on your mobile. You will have to send that SMS keywords to 09223440000. Your SMS keywords would be something like that MBSGAC 1234565 (See screenshot 10), just send them to above mentioned number to enable GPRS services on your smartphone.
Activate through SBI ATM -
- Visit an SBI ATM and swipe your ATM-cum-Debit card.
- Select mobile registration (if you’re unable to find it on first page then try to find it somewhere else like under services tab).
- Select mobile banking then select registration.
- In the next step, you will need to enter your mobile number. Just enter it and press confirm button.
- That’s it. You will receive a successful mobile banking registration message on your mobile number.
Activate using SBI Internet Banking Service -
- Login to SBI Online using your login credentials.
- From the navbar, click on eServices.
- From the side panel, click on SBI Bank Freedom.
- Now under registration tab, select an account and then hit confirm button.
- Enter your USER ID followed by your phone number. Subsequently, click on continue.
- In the next page, you will be asked to enter your profile password. Just enter it and press submit button.
- That’s it. Mobile banking facility has been successfully activated on your phone number.