When you can approach grievance redressal agencies:
- You can knock the doors of a redressal agency if your claim has been denied unreasonably or you are not satisfied by your claim settlement.
- If your insurance company is delaying in claim settlement.
- If insurer is not complying with the terms mentioned in the policy documents etc.
Authorities that you can approach if insurer denies to honor a claim
- The Grievance Redressal Officer of concerned insurance company (Mandatory)
- Integrated Grievance Management System (Optional)
- Insurance Ombudsman
- Consumer Court or Civil Court (Click here to read detailed post explaining procedure to file a complaint against the insurer)