You would require:
Steps to transfer funds from PNB bank account to other bank account –
- Set Transactions Limits
- Add beneficiary
- Send Money
A) Set Transactions Limits -
- Access your PNB e-banking service using your login credentials.
- After Logging In, from the side panel, look for set limits (See screenshot below) link under my shortcuts tab.
- Click on set limits and then a page will appear on your computer screen.
- At user limits page, enter maximum limits for your transactions. See below screenshot;
- You would need to set limits for NEFT, PNB to PNB, RTGS, Credit card, e-Commerce etc. Here is a quick glance:
- Within PNB transfers: Set maximum amount that can be transferred from your PNB account to other PNB account.
- RTGS transactions: You can send minimum ₹2 Lacs using this payment method. There’re no upper limits. Therefore, enter ₹2 lacs or more in the RTGS box.
- Credit card payments: Set desirable amount for this segment.
- NEFT transactions: You can enter up to ₹10 lacs (Approx.) here. This payment method can be used to transfer 1 rupee to ₹10 lacs (Approx.).
- e-Commerce transactions: Set maximum limits for e-shopping or bill payments etc.
- You can read this post to under it better “cashless payment systems in India”
- After setting up limits, hit continue/submit button.
- In the next step, you will receive one time password (OTP) on your register mobile number. Just enter the OTP and press submit button.
- That’s it. Now move to part B.
B) Add beneficiary
- After setting up limits, from the navbar, move your mouse cursor on ‘Transactions’ and select manage beneficiary.
- Click on select to open drop down menu and select first or second option: a) Add within PNB Payee – Select it if beneficiary’s account belongs to PNB bank. b) Add other bank payee – Select it if beneficiary has other bank’s account like SBI, HDFC, ICICI etc.
- Hit ‘OK’ button.
- In the next step, a form will appear on your computer screen. Just enter a nickname for the payee.
- Enter account number of the beneficiary and hit ‘validate’ button. Check account name and father name of the payee if they’re correct then move to next column and then enter details pertaining to the account. Complete the form and press continue button.
- In the next page, check payee’s account details like account number, name, father name etc and subsequently enter your transaction password.
- Upon entering the password, click on submit button.
C) Send Money
- After adding payee successfully, move your cursor on transactions and select one required option for example;
- To transfer to PNB accounts – Select own account or other PNB account.
- To transfer funds to other bank accounts – Select an option under ‘to transfer funds to other bank accounts’ to send money to other bank accounts like SBI, HDFC, AXIS, ICICI etc.
- Confuse: Which option to choose?
- IMPS: To transfer up to ₹50,000.
- IMPS using MMID: If you have MMID number of the payee then opt this option to send him/her up to ₹50,000.
- NEFT: This is most preferable payment method. You can select it to transfer any amount between ₹1 to ₹10 lacs (Approx.).
- RTGS: Select this option to send more than ₹2 lacs.
- Note: You can select any payment method that suits to your needs. We have selected NEFT in the next steps. Also, above fund transfer limits may vary therefore contact PNB bank for clarification.
- After selecting NEFT or appropriate payment method, you will be forwarded to next step where you will be asked to select a payee and amount that you want to transfer.
- From Initiate NEFT Payment page, select a ‘From Account’. Basically, it should be your account number.
- Select ‘To Account’. Select beneficiary whom you wish to transfer money.
- Enter amount.
- Select date. You can choose when to send money.
- Select maturity instructions; one time or recurring.
- Write a remark; if any. Just add anything like payee name, purpose of transaction, etc.
- Now, click on continue.
- Thereafter, verify all the details and then enter transaction password.
- Congratulations! Payment has been sent to the payee successfully. You can download confirmation receipt by pressing on ‘OK’ button.